Happy Tuesday Carmalistas!
Today I'm sharing a recipe that I cooked for my hubby last week. Lately, I've been obsessed with the chicken quesadillas at a local Tex Mex restaurant called Willy's. The food is great; which is apparent by the long lines that extend around the building (even in the winter). We hate standing in that long line, so I decided to make my own chicken quesadillas in the comfort of our home. They turned out so good, that hubs asked me to put it in the dinner rotation! lol I hope you all enjoy them as much as we did!
- Tyson Grilled & Ready chicken strips
- 4 large flour tortillas (serves 4)
- 1 cup of Mexican Style shredded cheese (add more for extra cheesy goodness)
- 2 avocados
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 white onion (diced)
- 1 cup of cilantro
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- sour cream (optional)
- Add 1 flour tortilla to a large skillet coated with butter flavored cooking spray. Add 1/2 cup of chicken, and top with 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Cover with 2nd flour tortilla and press down with a smaller pan for 1-2 minutes, then flip the quesadilla with a large spatula. Press down for 1 more minute or until golden brown and crisp. Using a pizza cutter, cut the tortilla into 6-8 slices.Top with guacamole, pico de gallo, and sour cream.
- Mix avocados, 1 tomato, 1/2 onion, 1/4 cup cilantro, 1 minced garlic clove, and 1tbsp. lime juice in a bowl. Use a potato masher or fork to blend everything into the desired texture. Allow mixture to set for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Pico De Gallo
- Mix 1 tomato, 1/2 onion, 1 minced garlic clove, 1/4 cup of cilantro, and 1 tsp. lime juice in a bowl. Allow mixture to cool in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Use two extra-large spatulas when flipping the tortillas to avoid spillage. Add salt and pepper to taste.